Creme Egg brownie recipe
Perfect this recipe for Easter – or scoff it now.
2 tbsp golden syrup
110g salted butter, softened
150g caster sugar
150g bitter chocolate
75g plain flour, sifted
4 eggs, at room temperature
Finely grated zest of 1 large orange
4 Creme Eggs, halved
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
I. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square baking tray with greaseproof paper, or oil well.
2. Melt the golden syrup, butter, sugar and chocolate together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
3. Remove the bowl from the pan, then stir in the flour, eggs and orange zest. Mix well but do not overmix, or the finished brownie will be chewy.
4. Pour into the prepared tray, then carefully place the eight Creme Egg halves into the top of the mix, pressing down slightly.
5. Pop into the oven and cook for 3-40 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before cutting. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if you like.
check more stories!