KVS PRT Syllabus 2022-23: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) released the Syllabus for the Primary Teacher (PRT) on December 2, 2022, on its official website kvsangathan.gov.in. The candidates who have the required eligibility can apply online for the KVS PRT Recruitment 2022 starting from December 6, 2022. The KVS Exam Pattern is changed this time. The new Exam Pattern and New Syllabus for the KVS PRT Teacher are given here.
KVS PRT Syllabus 2022-23
KVS PRT Syllabus Overview
|Recruitment Organization||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Post Name||Primary Teacher (PRT)|
|Advt No.||KVS PRT Recruitment 2022|
|Salary/ Pay Scale||Rs. 35400- 112400/- (Level-6)|
|Job Location||All India|
|Last Date to Apply||December 26, 2022|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Category||KVS PRT Syllabus 2023|
|Join Telegram Group||Telegram Group|
KVS PRT Vacancy Details and Qualification
Age Limit: Maximum 30 Years (as on 26.12.2022). Age Relaxation will be given as per the Rules.
|Primary Teacher (PRT)||6414 (UR-2599, OBC- 1731, SC- 962, ST-481, EWS-641)|
KVS PRT Qualification
- Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education(by whatever name known) OR
- Senior Secondary(or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed.) OR
- Senior Secondary(or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Education(Special Education) OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education PRIMARY (B.Ed.)* TEACHER * who has acquired the qualification of Bachelor of Education from any NCTE-recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in class I-V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by the NOTE within two years of such appointment as Primary Teacher.
- Qualified in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (Paper-I)
conducted by the Govt. of India.
- Proficiency to teach through Hindi & English media.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Working on Computer
Note: B.Ed Candidates can apply and go through the selection process but their inclusion in the panel based on merit will be subject to the outcome of the SLP in the Hon’ble Supreme Court. However, once the candidate appears in the written examination, fees paid by the applicant will not be refunded.
KVS PRT Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The written test for the KVS PRT Recruitment 2022 includes 180 marks objective type test having the following subjects. The time duration of the exam is 180 minutes (3 Hours)
- General English: 10 Marks
- General Hindi: 10 Marks
- GK and Current Affairs: 10 Marks
- Reasoning: 5 Marks
- Computer: 5 Marks
- Understanding the Learner: 15 Marks
- Understanding Teaching Learning: 15 Marks
- Creating Conducive Learning Environment: 10 Marks
- School Organization and Leadership: 10 Marks
- Perspective in Education: 10 Marks
- Subject Specific Syllabus: 80 Marks
PRT Professional Competency Test
- Demo Teaching: 30 Marks
- Interview: 30 Marks
Note: The weightage of the Written Test & Professional Competency ( Demo Teaching:15 and Interview: 15 will be 70:30 Final merit list will be based on the performance of the candidate in the Written Test & Professional Competency Test taken together.
Part-1: 20 Marks
- General English: Reading comprehension, word power, Grammar & usage
- सामान्य हिन्दी: पठन कौशल, शब्द सामर्थ्य, व्याकरण एवं प्रयुक्ति
Part 2: 20 Marks
- General Awareness and Current Affairs,
- Reasoning Ability
- Proficiency in Computers
Part 3: Perspective on Education and Leadership (60 Marks)
Understanding the Learner:
- Concept of growth, maturation, and development, principles and debates of development, development tasks, and challenges
- Domains of Development: Physical, Cognitive, Socio-emotional, Moral, etc., deviations in development and its implications.
- Understanding Adolescence: Needs, challenges and implications for designing institutional support.
- Role of Primary and Secondary Socialization agencies. Ensuring Home school continuity
Understanding Teaching Learning:
- Theoretical perspectives on Learning -Behaviorism, Cognitivism and Constructivism with special reference to their implications for:
- The role of the teacher
- The role of the learner
- Nature of teacher-student relationship
- Choice of teaching methods
- Classroom environment
- Understanding of discipline, power, etc.
- Factors affecting learning and their implications for:
- Designing classroom instructions,
- Planning student activities and,
- Creating learning spaces in the school.
- Planning and Organization of Teaching-Learning
- Concept of Syllabus and Curriculum, Overt and Hidden Curriculum
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy, Early Childhood Care and Education
- Competency-based Education, Experiential learning, etc.
- Instructional Plans: -Year Plan, Unit Plan, Lesson Plan
- Instructional material and resources
- Information and Communication Technology(ICT) for teaching-learning
- Assessment of learning, for learning and as learning: Meaning, purpose, and considerations in planning each.
- Enhancing Teaching-Learning processes: Classroom Observation and Feedback, Reflections and Dialogues as a means of constructivist teaching
Creating Conducive Learning Environment:
- The concepts of Diversity, disability, and Inclusion, implications of disability as a social construct, types of disabilities-their identification and interventions
- Concept of School Mental Health, addressing the curative, preventive, and promotive dimensions of mental health for all students and staff. Provisioning for guidance and counseling.
- Developing School and community as a learning resource
School Organization and Leadership:
- Leader as a reflective practitioner, team builder, initiator, coach, and mentor.
- Perspectives on School Leadership: instructional, distributed and transformative
- Vision building, goal setting, and creating a School Development Plan
- Using School Processes and forums for strengthening teaching learning-Annual Calendar, time-tabling, parent-teacher forums, school assembly, teacher development forums , using achievement data for improving teaching-learning, School Self Assessment, and Improvement
- Creating partnerships with community, industry, and other neighboring schools and Higher Education Institutes — forming learning communities
Perspective in Education
- Role of school in achieving aims of education.
- NEP-2020: Early Childhood Care and Education: The Foundation of Learning; Foundational Literacy and Numeracy; Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Holistic & Integrated Learning; Equitable and Inclusive Education: Learning for All; Competency-based learning and Education.
- Guiding Principles for Child Rights, Protecting and provisioning for the rights of children to safe and secure school environment, Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, Historically studying the National Policies in education with special reference to school education;
- School Curriculum Principles: Perspective, Learning, and Knowledge, Curricular Areas, School Stages — Pedagogy & Assessment.
KVS PRT Subject-Specific Syllabus
The subject-specific syllabus includes the concepts of the NCERT/CBSE syllabus and Text Books (Classes I – V) as indicated under respective subject headings.
However, the questions will be testing the depth of understanding and application of these concepts at the level of Senior Secondary (up to class XII)
English: Grammar: Nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, is, am, are, has, have, tense forms (Simple present and present continuous, simple past and past continuous), expressing future (will and be going to), articles, this, that, these, those (as determiners and empty subjects), question words, an, or, but, punctuation marks (full stop, comma, question mark, and inverted commas), possessive adjectives, prepositions
हिन्दी: संज्ञा, विशेषण और वचन की पहचान और व्यावहारिक प्रयोग, गणित के पाठ्यक्रम, पाठ्यक्रम के अनुरूप, हिन्दी मे संखयाएं, संयुक्ताक्षरों के पहचान, पर्याय और विलोम (स्तरानुकूल), सर्वनाम और लिंग की पहचान, विशेषण का संज्ञा के साथ सुसंगत प्रयोग, वचन, वचन का प्रयोग, क्रिया, काल और कारक चिन्हों के पहचान, शब्दों के संदर्भ मे लिंग का प्रयोग।
Mathematics: Geometry: SHAPES & SPATIAL UNDERSTANDING, SOLIDS AROUND us, Numbers: DEVELOPING A SENSE OF NUMBERS, COUNTING, AND OPERATIONS OF NUMBERS, ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION, MULTIPLICATION, DIVISION, MENTAL ARITHMETIC, FRACTIONAL NUMBERS, Money, Measurement, Length, weight, Capacity (Volume), Time, Data Handling, Patterns.
Environmental Science (EVS): FAMILY AND FRIENDS, FOOD, SHELTER, WATER, TRAVEL, THINGS WE MAKE AND DO